This is probably one of the simplest recipe to date. If you’ve got all your ingredients together, it literally takes no more than 15 mins to prepare. Rojak Buah (Fruit Salad), is a combination of sweet, tangy and spicy taste that lingers in your mouth long after you’ve finished. It’s the perfect starter or a tea time snack. This is one of those dishes, that once you catch a whiff of the amazing aroma, you will salivate no questions ask.
I use to despise this dish when I was little, but my family just loves it. I guess I’ve allowed it to grow onto me over the years. These days, I wouldn’t give it a pass whenever being sold back home.
- 1-2 Almost ripe mango cut into bite size chunks
- 1/2 cucumber cut into bite size chunks
- 1 X Youtiao (油条) grilled so it becomes extremely crunchy, then cut into bite size chunks (you should be able to find this in your local asian grocery store). If you have trouble getting it, then substitute it with cornflakes (not the best results, but does give the crunch)
- Handful of bean sprouts (quickly blanched in hot water)
- 2 X Jicuma cut inti bite size chunks
- Handful Roasted peanuts crushed (ideally using mortar)
- 1 tbs toasted sesame seed
- 3 tbs Thick sweet prawn Paste (Har Kou / hae ko / 蝦羔)
- Bring everything to a mix in a salad bowl
- Serve while it is still fresh.
Incoming search terms:
- rojak buah
- salad buah
- SALAD BUAH SPECIAL
- resep salad buah
- gambar rojak buah
- hae cho recipe
- how to make rojak buah
- resepi kuah rojak buah
- resepi salad udang
- resepi loh mai chi
Filed under: Starter · Tags: asian dishes, chinese, chinese cuisine, chinese dishes, chinese food, cintadapur, cintadapur.com, classic chinese recipe, classic malaysian recipe, cuisine, culinary, Delicious Recipe, dishes asian, easy chinese recipe, easy fruit salad, English recipe, food chinese, food photography, fruit salad, fruit salad recipe, Good Food, heavmus, lobster, main, main course, malaysia, malaysian, malaysian cooking, malaysian dishes recipes, malaysian food recipes, Malaysian recipe, rojak, rojak buah, Salad, UK, United Kingdom