The infamous Nasi Lemak. Some would claim it to be the national dish of Malaysia. I would have Nasi Lemak almost every week. Commonly found on road sides (in my opinion these are the best) they are also sold in Mamak stalls throughout Malaysia.
These days, it’s pretty hard to find them served in banana leaves. With banana leaves, the rice just taste and smell better as the smell from the banana leave infuses into the rice making it so much more fragrant.
Please specify a Flickr ID for this gallery
- 3 X pandan leaf or screwpine leaf. Tied in knots (you can occasionally find them at your local asian grocery store, you just need to ask)
- 1 small can of coconut milk (approx 200 ml will do)
- Pinch of salt
- 1.5 cups of rice
- Thumbsize ginger (give it a good smack/smash/pound)
- half a cucumber
- handful of dried anchovies
- Roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- To find out how to make sambal, refer to my previous post on Sambal
- Cook rice as usual (if you need help cooking rice, click here) but add in pandan, coconut milk, pinch of salt and ginger
- In shallow and piping hot oil, fry the anchovies. Be careful not to burn them. It usually takes just 30 secs. Set the fried anchovies aside on kitchen towel and allow to cool and oil drained
- Mix anchovies and and peanuts with a sugar and salt
- Slice cucumber
- By now, your room should be filled with the aroma of pandan leaves and coconut. That means, food is almost ready to be served. Before you dish up the rice, allow it to cool just a little.
- To serve, scoop up some rice and layout sambal, cucumber and anchovies with peanuts on the side of the plate.
Incoming search terms:
- Resepi Nasi Lemak Sedap
- resepi nasi lemak kelantan
- resepi sambal nasi lemak chef wan
- PERALATAN YANG DIGUNAKAN UNTUK MEMBUAT NASI LEMAK
- nasi lemak resepi
- nasi lemak sambal recipe
- resepi nasi kunyit terengganu
- sambal nasi lemak sedap
- sambal nasi lemak recipe
- resepi sambal nasi lemak sedap
Filed under: Breakfast, Featured, Main course · Tags: asian dishes, cintadapur, cintadapur.com, cuisine, culinary, dishes asian, easy nasi lemak recipe, food chinese, food photography, heavmus, how to make nasi lemak, how to make simple nasi lemak, lemak, main, main course, malay, malay cuisine, malay dishes, malay food, malay rice, malaysia, malaysian, malaysian cooking, malaysian dishes recipes, malaysian food recipes, Malaysian rice, nasi, nasi lemak, simple nasi lemak recipe