My sister is in her last few weeks of her pregnancy now. I’m just so excited. In Malaysia, it is customary to share Nasi Kunyit with friends and family in celebration of the first month of a new born. Yes, as you can see I am way ahead of the game right now.
Nasi Kunyit is basically glutinous rice flavoured with turmeric. Not only does the turmeric gives the rice a nice golden colour, it also gives it a very pleasant flavour along with the peppercorn and cloves. This dish will go down well with a nice bowl of Malaysian chicken curry.
- 500g glutinous rice
- 4-5 tbs of tumeric powder
- 6-7 cloves
- 2 tbs of peppercorn
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can of 400 ml coconut milk
- Soak your glutinous rice in enough water to submerge all the rice
- Add tumeric powder and stir thoroughly until all your rice is evenly coated
- Allow to rest for 5-6 hours. You will notice that the glutinous rice will start to bloat up slightly. That’s ok.
- Drain the rice from the water and place it into a steaming dish.
- Add your cloves, peppercorn, salt and pepper to the rice and give it a good mix
- Place the rice in a steamer and allow to steam for a good 20 mins
- Add coconut milk and give it a good stir
- Allow to steam for another 20 mins or until the rice is cook
- Serve with a nice hot bowl of Malaysian chicken curry.
Incoming search terms:
- nasi kunyit
- nasi kunyit recipe malaysia
- how to cook nasi kunyit
- kunyit rice
- kunyit rice recipe
- turmeric rice nasi kunyit
- nasi kunyit resepi
- how to make turmeric rice
- make nasi kunyit
- resep nasi kunyit
Filed under: Dinner, Featured, Main course · Tags: asian dishes, chinese, chinese cuisine, chinese dishes, chinese food, cintadapur, cintadapur.com, classi Turmeric rice recipe, classic Nasi Kunyit recipe, cuisine, culinary, dishes asian, easy Nasi Kunyit recipe, easy turmeric rice recipe, food chinese, food photography, glutinous rice, heavmus, home cook chinese recipe, home cook dishes, home cook Malaysian dishes, how to make Nasi Kunyit, how to make Turmeric Rice, main, main course, malaysia, malaysian, malaysian cooking, Malaysian cuisine, Malaysian dishes, malaysian dishes recipes, malaysian food recipes, Nasi Kunyit, Sticky Rice, Turmeric Rice