My wife had a bit of a lobster craving over the weekend after my suggestion to pay Billings Gate a visit. Unfortunately, Billings Gate we did not go, but lobster we still got. So, instead of the usual boiled lobster with dipping sauce, I decided to make a nice little Lobster Salad. A little sweet and spicy with a hint of fresh lemon makes this dish a great starter.
- 1 X Avocado cut into small cubes
- 1 X Ripen mango cut into small cubes
- 1 X Red onion roughly chopped
- 1/2 cucumber cut into small cubes
- 5 X new baby potatoe (boiled for 15 mins and cut into half)
- 1 X Lemon
- 1 X large chilli
- 3-4 tbs of Japanese Mayonnaise
- 2-3 tbs of vegetable oil
- 1.5 pounds oyster (that’s approximately 0.7kg)
- Begin by cooking your lobster (I assume that you would have quick freeze your lobster beforehand) by placing it in a large pot of boiling water for approximately 6-7 minute. When done set aside to cool.
- Once your lobster has cooled down, it’s time to get the meat out * do this nicely so the meat stays in one place. *might need a bit of patience, but it’s worth it.
- For the head – twist the head of the lobster, then using a knife cut right through the middle of the head from the bottom (soft shell part). Remove gills and scrape the flesh off
- For the claws – twist them off, using the back of your knife or a rolling pin give the joints a good whack. Once you have a crack on the shell, just use a pair of scissors and start cutting from the crack openings.
- For the body – just use scissors and start cutting from the back of the neck all the way through to the tail to reveal the flesh
- Right, after you’ve got all your meat out, mix all your ingredients together in a salad bowl and top it off with a nice lobster claw.
Incoming search terms:
- resepi lobster
- resepi udang kara
- resepi udang lobster
- resepi masakan udang kara
- resepi masak lobster
- resep lobster
- resep lobster bakar
- lobster head meat
- resepi udang kara bakar
- Lobster Head Meat Recipes
Filed under: Starter · Tags: asian dishes, British, chinese, chinese cuisine, chinese dishes, chinese food, cintadapur, cintadapur.com, classic chinese recipe, classic malaysian recipe, cuisine, culinary, Delicious Recipe, dishes asian, easy chinese recipe, easy lobster salad, English recipe, food chinese, food photography, Good Food, heavmus, lobster, lobster salad, lobster salad recipe, main, main course, malaysia, malaysian, malaysian cooking, malaysian dishes recipes, malaysian food recipes, Malaysian recipe, Salad, UK, United Kingdom