Ayam masak merah (chicken, chilli and spices) is one of my favourite malay dish. As with Malay recipes, it utilises a lot of spices to create a fusion of tangy and pungent taste. Malay food, never fails to excite the taste buds.
With the proper equipment, this dish should be a walk in the park. Here’s how you do it.
- 3 pieces chicken leg (cut into bite size chunks)
- 2 tbs turmeric powder
- 1 onion (half cut into strips, the other half cut fine)
- 3-4 dried chilli (crushed)
- 2 birds eye chilli (sliced fine)
- 1 x thumbsized ginger, sliced fine
- 4 X chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 2 tbs tomato sauce
- 3 tbs sweet soya sauce (also known as kecap manis)
- 1 tbs sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Marinade chicken in turmeric powder for half hour
- In a mortar, make a paste by griding half an onion, dried chilli, birds eye chilli and ginger into a paste. Alternatively, place them all into a blender with 1 tbs of vegetable oil
- Heat up a pot with 4 tbs of oil then shallow fry the chicken till brown and crispy; well yellow and crispy in this instance (chicken does not need to be complete cooked at this stage) – If your pot is not big enough, consider frying the chicken in batches.
- Remove the chicken and let it rest on paper towels
- With the remaining oil, add in the spice paste and allow to fry for 1-2 minutes
- Add in the tomato paste, tomato sauce, chopped tomatoes, sweet soya sauce and sugar and give it a good stir
- Add in half cup of water and allow the mixture to simmer until it thickens into a gravy like texture
- Add in chicken and allow to cook thoroughly.
- Serve with rice
Incoming search terms:
- resepi sausage masak merah
- ayam masak merah resepi
- ayam masakan merah
- resepi ayam merah
- RESEPI AYAM MASAK MERAH KELANTAN
- resepi ayam mask merah
- Resepi Ayam Masak Merah Asli
- recipe masak ayam
Filed under: Featured, Main course · Tags: asian dishes, ayam masak merah, ayam masak merah recipe, Chicken, chicken chilli and spices recipe, cintadapur, cintadapur.com, cuisine, culinary, dishes asian, easy malay ayam masak merah recipe, food chinese, food photography, heavmus, how to make simple chicken spices recipe, how to make simple malay chicken recipe dish, main, main course, malay, malay cuisine, malay dishes, malay food, malaysia, malaysian, malaysian cooking, malaysian dishes recipes, malaysian food recipes, simple chicken chilli and spices recipe, spices